Sunday, August 16, 2009

it's the final countdown...


I know that a lot of people who are 9 months pregnant are doing everything they can to get their babies out -- but not me. I have to say that I cannot wait for her to get here but I know that she's coming and she'll be here soon enough. Life is about to change for Cory and I and I am sure it will change in ways we haven't imagined. That's why I am happy to enjoy the last few moments of life as it is. I'll miss feeling the squirms and kicks inside my belly. I'll miss Cory rubbing my belly like a crystal ball and saying really goofy things to our little human growing inside. Pregnancy has been such a miracle that I want to hang onto it as long as I can -- but when the time comes for us to begin our lives as parents, we're ready and so grateful for the opportunity. We are so excited to meet our little girl.

4 comments:

Tay and Teigan said...

I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY! Tay and I feel the same way. It is such a miracle and we are lucky to be a part of it. Enjoy your last few days/weeks with just you two. And just curious, does Cory see marriage in Grace and Hux's future?

Matt & Danielle said...

We are excited to meet her too! Looking back i remember how much i wanted to hold on to the moments Matt and i spent together because it was going to be the last before life with kids began...i think i was scared for the unknown and for just the two of us to be over...but we would never give Ezra up to go back. Hope your guys are doing well...

britt said...

yea!! I am so sorry I haven't called lately! I've been thinking of you though and hope to see you guys soon. I'm sure it will be after the baby, but if you feel up to it call us and you can come over and have dinner at our house, sometimes going to a restaurant is so uncomfy. Mike just got back from out of town again it's been crazy! talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I miss you and I can't believe you are having a baby. I'm so excited for you. I want to see pictures when you have the little girl.

Lindsay Dickinson Nyman