Sunday, December 21, 2008

season of giving

I apologize for my blatant disregard for blog updates. Since I finished my class it has been a mad dash to get my Christmas fill. We are going easy on the gifts this year, as I am sure most people are due to our nauseous economy, but that only makes gift giving harder rather than easier. I know that Christmas is not about stuff, but I can't help that I love giving gifts. I will admit that I also like opening them -- not so much because of the "new stuff" factor, but because of the thought that has to go into it. To me gift giving and receiving is a way to express affection for love ones. I know there are other ways, but the tradition of gifts is already embedded in my psychology and I embrace it. There is something so rewarding about giving something, and not just any something but what you feel is the right something. I wish I had the time and money to give gifts to everyone I love.


2 comments:

Nelson said...

After reading that I am feeling somewhat guilty about my gift giving. You have inspired me, and I will do better next year.

lisa said...

I hope everything is going well Sarah. Just thinking about you...